Effective - December 2011
Last updated - December 2013
, a consumer-facing website that is run by Samet Privacy, LLC. You can contact us with questions or concerns here
This policy tells you about the ways that Samet Privacy (or "we") collect and use information through this website. It is written in plain language, without fancy or confusing legal words. We hope you will find this page easy to understand.
Our practices can be summarized as follows:
- we collect email addresses from parents and other interested adults who sign up for the kidSAFE® Seal Program newsletter
. This information is collected and stored with the help of a third party service provider, Constant Contact. The third party service provider is not allowed to use your email address for any other purpose except to help us store it so we can send you occasional email alerts. We do not share your email address with any other third party companies. You can always unsubscribe ("opt-out") from our newsletter by following the instructions at the bottom of every email. Or, you can email us here
and put the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. We would be happy to process your request.
Report Issue Mechanism
- we enable parents and the public to report issues to us regarding our certified members using this form
. This mechanism collects information related to your concern or complaint, including the name of the certified member, information about the issue you're reporting, and a parent email address for follow-up communication. This information is collected and stored with the help of a third party service provider, ProProfs. The third party service provider is not allowed to use the information you submit on this form for any other purpose except to help us store it and access it for our own follow-up and record keeping purposes.
- we may collect information through parent surveys. These surveys ask parents to tell us what they think about our program and to make suggestions on how we can improve our service. We do not ask for any personal information through these surveys. Your responses are anonymous and combined with responses from other parents. We may use a tool from a third party service provider to help us collect your survey responses, but (again) that company would only allowed to collect and hold your responses on our behalf.
Favorite Website/App Suggestion Tool
- this tool (which can be found on our Certified Products
page) gives visitors an easy way to tell us the name of their favorite kids' website or mobile app. We use the names that we receive from this tool to consider additional products for certification by our program. This form does not ask for any personal information, and should not be used to enter personal information (such as your own name).
Website Statistics and Analytics
- we collect information about the way people browse and use our website. With the help of tools from third party service providers (such as Google), we are able to track how many people visit our site, which websites they come from, which pages they click on the most, how much time they spend on our site, and other similar details. We can also collect technical information about our visitors' computer systems, such as your computer's IP address, operating system, and Internet browser. We use the information gathered through these tools to help us improve our website. None of this information identifies you personally (it does not tell us who you are or what your name is). It is collected using popular Internet technologies known as "cookies" and "web beacons".
If you would prefer not to be tracked through these tools, you can opt out using the links below:
- we may receive email communications from consumers or businesses who use the email links provided on our site. Any information that you provide in such emails will be used to reply to your inquiry (or deleted if no response is necessary).
Other important information:
All of the information collected through our website is kept secure, either by us or by our third party service provider, and can only be accessed by people who work for us and have a need to view it. In some cases, we may need to share your information for legal reasons (for example, to respond to a request from law enforcement, or to protect our legal rights or the safety of our users). We may also need to share your information if our company is ever bought by another company. These are all pretty standard practices for online companies.
If we need to change this policy in any way, we will post the changes here and update the date above. If we make important changes to this policy, we may display a notice at the top of our website or tell you about the changes via email (but only if you're signed up for our newsletters).